The Art of Education just posted an awesome graphic on helping students write artist statements.
Size Paper? 12″x 18″ minimum
Source Imagery? You take a picture of yourself or a family member. You need to use a reflective surface. Glass, mirror, water, etc.
Medium? pencil or colored pencils
Qualities Evaluated On? Do you use the whole page? Do you have lots of detail? Did you use many of the Elements and Principles of Design? Are you focused on your work or often off-task.
Student Examples: Artsonia Gallery Student Examples
South Stokes High School
I have begun research to design my own B5 art room pre-test. Here are a few things I have found on my Pinterest board.
A fun activity (though I hate the pop-up ads) is proprofs 25 question visual art pre-test
Krysta McRae, an art teacher suggested a pre-test include:
- What are the 3 Primary Colors?
- What are the 3 Secondary Colors?
- What are the 6 Tertiary Colors?
- What are the Warm Colors?
- What are the Cool Colors?
- Name the 3 sets of Complementary Colors.
- What is a Still Life?
- What is a Landscape?
- What is a Portrait?
- Draw and label three 2-D Shapes?
- Draw and label three 3-D Shapes