The following games are good sponge activities to use between lessons:
Color – A Color Matching Game
Shape Type – A letter shaping game
Bezier – A game to master the pen tool
Kern Type – A kerning game
The Boolean Game – I have no clue how to play this. If you figure it out, let me know!
Here are some interesting links
Bootcamps – http://www.thoughtsonarting.com/thoughts-on-arting/bootcamps
Say yes to drawing tests – https://artbybarnett.wordpress.com/2015/06/10/say-yes-to-drawing-tests-in-art/
The Art of Education just posted an awesome graphic on helping students write artist statements.
Size Paper? 12″x 18″ minimum
Source Imagery? You take a picture of yourself or a family member. You need to use a reflective surface. Glass, mirror, water, etc.
Medium? pencil or colored pencils
Qualities Evaluated On? Do you use the whole page? Do you have lots of detail? Did you use many of the Elements and Principles of Design? Are you focused on your work or often off-task.
Student Examples: Artsonia Gallery Student Examples
South Stokes High School
I have begun research to design my own B5 art room pre-test. Here are a few things I have found on my Pinterest board.
Of special note is a cool article, Making SLO’s manageable in the art room. and Using Pre & Post tests to Measure Student Growth all from the ARTofEd
A fun activity (though I hate the pop-up ads) is proprofs 25 question visual art pre-test
Krysta McRae, an art teacher suggested a pre-test include:
- What are the 3 Primary Colors?
- What are the 3 Secondary Colors?
- What are the 6 Tertiary Colors?
- What are the Warm Colors?
- What are the Cool Colors?
- Name the 3 sets of Complementary Colors.
- What is a Still Life?
- What is a Landscape?
- What is a Portrait?
- Draw and label three 2-D Shapes?
- Draw and label three 3-D Shapes
“If the great European artists of the past were alive today, what kinds of statements would they need to write to explain and justify their work?”
Hyperallergic – The Artist Statements of Old Masters
Instant Artist Statements http://artybollocks.com/
I love how this student did an artist report in their sketchbook.
Here are some of my student’s examples:
I need help in transitioning my room to one that Teaches For Artistic Behaviors. Here are some good blogs & blog posts about TAB I need to read.
Here are the songs from the 2012 prom:
Main Song: Summer Nights- Rascal Flatts
What winners are going to dance to: She’s My Kind of Rain- Tim McGraw
- Rack City (clean)-Tyga
- The Motto- Drake (clean)
- Dance- Big Sean feat. Nicki Minaj
- Cashin Out- Cash out (clean)
- UP – Love Rance (clean)
- Birthday Cake- Rihanna (clean)
- Blackout- breathe Carolina
- Glad you came- the wanted
- Starships- Nicki Minaj
- Fishin’ in the dark- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
- Wobble- VIC
- Booty Work- T-Pain (clean)
- WOP- J Dash (clean)
- Ayy Ladies- Tyga ft. Travis Porter (clean)
- Super Bass- Nicki Minaj (clean)
- All the lights- Kanya West
- God Gave me you- Blake Shelton
- Angel eyes- Love and Theft
- Dynamite- Taio Cruz
- Club Can’t Handle me- Flo Rida
- Take Care- Drake and Rihanna
- The whistle song-Juelz Santana
- TGIF- Katy Perry
- International Love- Chris Brown and Pitbull
- Wild Ones- Flo Rida ft. Sia
- Summer love- Justin Timberlake
- On the Floor- Jennifer Lopez ft. Pitbull
- Just Dance- Lady Gaga
- Ridin Solo- Jason Derulo
- I like it- Enrique Iglesias
We need to figure out the 2015 prom songs!!