I am working on developing a stained glass unit with my advanced art students. I plan to ask the artist Betti L. to come do a demonstration and be a visiting artist for a period in my classroom.
You will need glass scorers, running pliers, glass grinders, grossing pliers, copper foil or lead cane (I recommend the copper foil) soldering irons and 60/40 solder. Also safety glasses, stained glass, and lots of band-aids.
The beginner kit for $229. on Delphi Glass includes:
- Gryphon Gryphette Grinder
- Studio 100-watt soldering iron with built in temperature control
- 8 piece Kokomo French Cobblestone glass pack about 8″ x 8″ ea.
- 3″ Round bevel
- Supercutter dry wheel glass cutter
- Delphi Stained Glass Made Easy DVD
- Breaker/grozer pliers
- Running pliers
- 60/40 Solder
- Copper foil
- Flux pen
- Marking pen
- Safety glasses